Tutorial : Ohanae® for
Windows Store App
- Secure Cloud Drive
- Secure File Sharing
- Account Settings
- Ohanae® for
Download Ohanae® Windows Store App from the Windows Store on your Windows 8 desktop or tablet. You can directly access the download page here. Click View in Windows Store. Click Install to download the app on your device.
To utilise all the security features and keep your data safe with Ohanae, you must first register for an Ohanae account.
Great!! You have successfully created an Ohanae Account.
Great!! You have successfully created an Ohanae Account.
Congratulations!! You have successfully signed in and configured your Windows Device. You can now truly protect both your data in the cloud and the credentials used to access that data.
If you have purchased a business or premium membership and have your activation code, please refer to Account for more details on upgrading your Ohanae® account.
To sign out, simply click the Settings icon and click Sign Out.
1-Tap Login allows you to easily insert a password anywhere on your mobile device using the system built-in Copy/Paste function. It is extremely easy to use, from the 1-Tap Login page, select the appropriate application, username, Ohanae computes the password previously generated and make it available to the clipboard.
1-Tap Login allows you to login to multiple accounts for different services through a single click.
If you already have an account created, all your passwords are automatically synced. Search and click on the domain you wish to login to, and you can view a list of all accounts under that domain.
The following steps use Twitter as an example for adding a new domain. Ohanae helps you generate unique complex passwords passwords on all websites without the need to remember them. Passwords are not stored, they are dynamically generated and erased from your device. These steps can be followed to add any domain (Eg. Google Mail, Hotmail, Facebook, or anything else).
- Click on the "+" button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Type a domain name. (eg. “Twitter”).
- Insert a new username for the domain, say "my.account". This username refers to the entire field to be typed out in the username field when logging in on the website. For example, for a Google Mail username of "my.account", the corresponding Twitter username would be " firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Click Generate Password after selecting your desired security criteria for the password.
Now the new domain is added with a new account under it, but the new password is not saved with the new account. To link the account with the new password, change your password on your account to the password newly generated by Ohanae.
Please refer to change password with 1-Tap Login for more details.
- Select the domain (eg. Google Mail).
- Select your username from the displayed list. You will be prompted to enter your passphrase. This is a security measure to protect your passwords from third-parties unauthorized access.
- Enter your passphrase and click OK.
- Your complex password generated by Ohanae will be displayed and copied to the clipboard automatically for you to directly paste wherever required.
Note: After keying in your passphrase once, you can just click on other account usernames to view passwords. You will not need to re-enter the passphrase until passphrase timeout.
If the domain of the account you wish to manage with Ohanae is not added to your Ohanae account, add a new domain [See: Adding a new domain].
Alternately, if the domain is already listed, add the new account under it. Enter your username for the account you wish to register. [See: Adding a new account to an existing domain].
Once the account is added, view its password as generated by Ohanae®. To view the password, click on the username and key in your passphrase when prompted. Click the password box and copy it (by clicking the Copy icon that appears on long-click).
[See: Viewing a stored password].
- Login to the account that you want Ohanae® to manage the password for. Navigate to the Change Password page for the account.
- Click (long-click for browser-based application, click twice for installed application) on the New Password field and select Paste to paste the new password generated by Ohanae to your account. If required, repeat the same for Confirm Password and submit the change.
Select the domain and username. The password is automatically copied to the clipboard. Click OK on the dialog box displaying the password to dismiss the prompt.
[See: Viewing a stored password].
- Click on the domain URL you wish to navigate to (eg.accounts.google.com, which opens the login page for Google Mail on your default mobile browser). Alternately, you can directly open the web page on your browser, or launch your installed application.
- Enter your username. Simply long-click and paste the copied password into the password field.
Select a domain (say, Google Mail, Twitter etc.) from the list. You can use the "Search" bar to find an existing domain.
If the domain you require is not listed, see adding a new domain.
- Click Add User Account.
- Type your new username, (say “new.username”) to add a new account. The domain name will be automatically selected.
- Click Generate New Password to generate a new password for the new account.
A password may be between 4 to 20 characters long. You can choose the requirements for your password, including length, and character inclusion conditions such as upper case, lower case, digits etc. Some providers require adherence to a specific format for passwords. For example, Live ID requires passwords to necessarily contain an upper case letter. The strength of a password increases with length and types of characters.
- To regenerate the password for an existing account, select a domain.
- Click Edit at the top of the screen.
- Click the Edit icon corresponding to the account for which you wish to change the password.
Check your account username and password generation criteria. Click Generate New Password.
- You will be navigated to a page containing your old password and newly generated password. This is to assist you in changing your password on your account, on an app or the browser.
- Click on the View icon next to Old Password. Enter your passphrase for security. Your previous password will be displayed and copied to clipboard.
- On the browser, go to the Change Password page of the account you are changing the password for. Long click on the Current/Old Password field and select the Paste option.
- Navigate back to the Ohanae app, and click on the View icon corresponding to New Password. Now your new password will be displayed and copied for you.
- Paste this in the New Password and Confirm Password fields in your account on the browser. Submit the change password request on your account.
- If your password is changed successfully, navigate back to Ohanae and click Done to complete the action.
Editing an Account :
- Select a domain and click the Edit button on the right.
- Delete a stored account by clicking the Remove icon next to it.
- Edit a stored account’s details or change its password by selecting the Edit icon corresponding to it.
- Rollback a changed password (in case you have changed it without actually updating it), by selecting the Rollback icon corresponding to the account.
Ohanae® Secure Cloud Drive encrypts your data before uploading to the cloud. It helps you access your data across multiple devices only by you, without the risk of your data being stolen or snooped by government agencies, even if the cloud service provider is compromised.
To maximise your experience and efficiency using Secure Cloud Drive, we recommend using your Secure Cloud Drive to backup and synchronize your work on your secure primary drive.
The following steps use Microsoft One Drive as an example to set up your secure cloud drive. Ohanae supports Box, Google Drive, Salesforce Files and Dropbox in addition to Microsoft OneDrive. These steps can be followed to setup any of these cloud drives.
To start using Ohanae Secure Cloud Drive Navigate to the Secure Cloud Drive Tab and select the Cloud storage provider (e.g. Dropbox).
Enter your details to authenticate Ohanae® and provide permission to access your information files. This is required in order to initialize a secure folder in your cloud drive. Ohanae® will not access any of your data.
Note: If you choose One Drive The the app automatically syncs with your Microsoft Live ID linked to your device. If you do not own a Microsoft OneDrive account, please download OneDrive client and create a new account before proceeding.
- Swipe to the Secure Shared Cloud Drive.
This is your secure cloud drive for Dropbox, any file you upload here will be encrypted and then be uploaded to the cloud. To upload a file click on the “+” button on the top and select Upload file option.
Select the file you wish to upload. Wait for the file to be encrypted and uploaded to the cloud.
Ohanae will create a secure folder in your Dropbox folder, called “Dropbox.Ohanae” and the selected file will be encrypted and uploaded to this folder.
The same steps can be repeared for Amazon, Box, Google Drive and oneDrive storages.
Once your Ohanae Secure Cloud Drive is initialized for the provider, click on the provider of your preference. You will be directed to your secure folder.
Your files in this secure folder are encrypted and saved with a .ohanae extension. You can access these files only from your Ohanae-enabled devices with Ohanae running.
[See: Setting up your Secure Cloud Drive to initialize your cloud drive].
Do you intend to share a file with someone over the mail and give only that person the authority to view it? Ohanae Secure File Sharing lets you do so, it encrypts a file that you wish to share and this particular file can be only be accessed (Decrypted) by the user or group of users you choose to share with. Regardless of how you share the file, via E-mail, Cloud or even transfer directly using a flash drive, Ohanae Secure File Sharing works effectively and very simple to use.
Secure File Sharing and Secure Shared Folder both are key tools when it comes to secure sharing of data. While the Secure Shared Folder uses your Cloud Storage Provider (Dropbox, Google Drive etc.) to encrypt your data and share, Secure File Sharing gives you the power to encrypt your files and assign access control with out the Cloud Storage provider.
- Make sure you are signed-in to Ohanae.
- Download the secure file shared with you.
- Choose to "Open with Ohanae".
- You will be navigated to the Ohanae app. Enter your passphrase and click OK.
- Your file will be opened with a compatible program (eg. Word, Excel etc.).
You can now view the file on your Secure File Sharing page. Click the Options icon corresponding to it, and select Manage to manage the file.
You can view your subscription package next to Subscription Type. If you have purchased Ohanae premium or business, or wish to extend your validity, enter your activation code in the given textbox and click Recharge.
- Click Change Passphrase.
- Type your old passphrase.
- Type your new passphrase.
- Re-type your new passphrase to confirm.
- Click Change Passphrase. A popup notification will confirm the status if your change is successful or not.
- You can view all your authorized devices under Activated Devices.
- In the event that an authorized device is no longer in use, lost or stolen, click on the Delete icon to remove the device from the Activated Devices list.
- You will receive an email confirming the deactivation of the device. Click on the deactivation link to successfully deactivate the device.
- You will not be able to use the Ohanae app once the device is deactivated.
Click on the Settings icon on any page to view and modify your app settings.
Ohanae generates a passphrase lock if you are inactive for a certain duration of time. This security feature allows Ohanae to prevent any sensitive information (such as passwords etc.) from being accessed by a third-party in your absence at the device. This duration after which the passphrase lock is triggered can be set by you. The maximum timeout duration is 30 minutes.
Toggle Notifications to On to be notified of the status of operations you perform while using Ohanae.
Click About to view the app details. Click FAQ to be directly navigated to the FAQ on the Ohanae® website. This section comprehensively covers any situation you might come across while using Ohanae®.
Ohanae® for Business is the centralized management portal for Business administrators. Management functions include the addition of administrators and members, remote wipe, device deactivation, and Secure Workplace enforcement (leaves no traces) on devices running Windows and MacOS.
To login to the online portal, ensure that you are logged into the Ohanae® client on your device. Navigate to Ohanae® for Business on your browser. Alternately, select the Administrator link on the home page.
Ohanae® for Business uses the same credentials as your personal account, and performs 1-Tap Authentication for you automatically, when you are logged into Ohanae® on the same machine.
Registering for Ohanae® for Business is a simple 3-step process.
- Firstly, register your company with Ohanae® providing some elementary information.
- You can choose to add administrators to manage the business account. To do so, simply invite them using their Ohanae®-registered email ID.
- Click Complete Registration to start using Ohanae® for Business. You are credited with $10 when you sign up. You can try the services for 1 person for 5 months, or equivalent with this credit. You can choose to top up your credit at anytime.
You are now ready to start using Ohanae® for Business.
Start using Ohanae® for Business by adding members and creating groups within your company.
- Navigate to the Members tab from the menu bar at the top and click on Add Member. You can add multiple members, separating their email addresses or Ohanae® usernames with a space.
- Make sure your desired group is selected to add the new members to. You may choose to leave this with the default value of ‘Unassigned’. Alternately, select the ' – Create New Group – ‘ option and enter the name of a new group to create (eg, Engineering).
- Click Add Members. An email notification will be sent to each member you wish to add with a link and instructions to download and register with Ohanae®.
- Your account will be charged only when the new user successfully completes the registration.
You can start using Ohanae® for Business immediately after registering without any initial payment with $10 of sign up bonus credit. Ohanae® for Business is offered to you at only $2 a month. So $10 of credit would last you 5 months for 1 employee or 1 month for 5 employees, or equivalent.
To further top-up your credit, click Top-up Credit on the menu bar on the right. The simple online Credit Calculator on the top-up credit page helps you compute the amount required depending on the size of your company and the length of time. Payments are processed securely through PayPal integration, and enable you to top-up your account with the simple click of a button.
You can choose to top-up any amount at a time, and the system will automatically deduct for each employee, a month at a time.
To add other managers as administrators to your account, navigate to your Business Account Settings by either clicking on your company name at the top bar, or by clicking Edit Profile under Quick Tools on the Dashboard page.
You may edit your company details on this page.
Click on Add Administrator on the sidebar and enter the email ID or Ohanae® usernames of the administrators you wish to add, separated by a space. Click Add Administrator to complete the process. Each administrator will receive an email to accept the invitation.
You can easily navigate between your personal and business Ohanae® accounts by clicking on your username and company name respectively, available on the top-bar at the right. Clicking on your Ohanae® username navigates you to your Ohanae® Online portal.